As a wedding guest, there are many things to consider when it comes to choosing the perfect outfit. You want to make sure you look your best, but you also don’t want to overshadow the newlyweds.
Tips on how to choose the perfect outfit As A Wedding Guest.
1. Plan ahead: Don’t put off thinking about what you’re going to wear until the last minute. You should give yourself plenty of time to choose the appropriate outfit for a wedding guest and have it adjusted if required. You will prevent any last-minute disappointments this way. As a result, it is important to put aside adequate time to go shopping and, if necessary, get your attire fitted. Weddings, on the other hand, can be costly, so you don’t want to squander your entire money on your attire. Before you start shopping, decide how much you’re willing to spend and stick to it.
2. Consider the location and theme of the wedding: Knowing where the wedding will take place can assist you in deciding what sort of attire to wear. As a wedding guest, you wouldn’t want to wear a long flowing gown to a casual outdoor wedding or a short gown to a church wedding. Consider the wedding’s theme when selecting your clothing. For example, if the wedding is purple-themed, you might wish to wear something purple-colored.
3. Accessorize wisely: Your accessories can make or ruin your ensemble, so select wisely. If you want to opt for a more subdued style, keep your jewelry basic. A set of earrings and a bracelet should be enough. If you want a more glam appearance, go ahead and go all out. But be cautious not to overdo it. Your shoes should be comfy enough to allow you to dance. However, they should be trendy enough to match your attire. Avoid anything too casual, such as sneakers or flip-flops.
Furthermore, don’t forget your purse! A spot to keep your necessities, such as lip gloss, keys and money are crucial. However, you don’t want your outfit to look sloppy due to a large bag. It should be okay to carry a little clutch or cross-body bag.
Men should use a classy watch and avoid showy jewelry while accessorizing. You may also spruce up your appearance with a pocket square.
4. Choose a color that compliments your skin tone: As a wedding guest, when selecting a color for your dress, think about what would complement your skin tone. Black and beige are usually good choices.
However, although you should attempt to avoid wearing anything that would overshadow the bride, you should equally avoid appearing to be trying to outdo her. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid white, which is customarily linked with brides.
5. Follow the dress code: And finally, if the wedding has a dress code, as a wedding guest make sure you follow it. For example, if it’s a black-tie affair, you’ll want to avoid anything too casual. And if it’s a beach wedding, you’ll want to avoid anything too formal. Of course, you don’t want to be the only one not following the dress code. So if you’re unsure about what to wear, ask the bride or groom for guidance. They’ll be happy to help you out.
Have you read our previous article on how to create Wedding mood boards? Click here now!
If you need help, click here to chat with us directly on WhatsApp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos.