Tottenham Hotspur haven’t had a great day as far as their January transfer window business is concerned.
Spurs were seemingly closing in on Adama Traore, who Antonio Conte wanted to turn into a right wing-back.
However, Barcelona have since swooped in, and now Tottenham look set to miss out.
But it’s not all bad news for Spurs, according to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol.
Over the last few days, speculation has emerged linking Tottenham with Luis Diaz.
On Tuesday afternoon, football.london reported that Spurs had enquired about the availability of the Porto winger.
Now, Solhekol has provided an update on the state of play between Spurs and the Colombia star.
On The Transfer Show, he acknowledged that Tottenham look set to miss out on Traore.
Solhekol then said (27/1/22, 17:21): “There is better news on Spurs’ pursuit of Luis Diaz, the Porto winger, who they have offered £46m for.
“He has a release clause of about £66m, with Spurs still trying to sign him and there are still a few days of the window to go.
“Antonio Conte may be frustrated, but a lot of work is going on behind the scenes…”
Diaz has made a name for himself as one of the hottest talents in Europe over the past 12 months.
Earlier this month, Porto assistant manager Vitor Bruno told Expresso: “Luis has an immense talent.
“The way he communicates with the ball is almost poetic.”
Liverpool have also reportedly been eyeing Diaz.
But now it looks as though Spurs have stolen a march on a player Carlos Queiroz compared to Luis Figo.
Have something to tell us about this article?