It is not too early to start planning your 2022 wedding. You just need to be certain you are sure of the person you’re spending the rest of your life with.
Weddings in Africa are a string of events. Your wedding event is not just what happens on the day you get married. A lot of events come together to make up the entire wedding ceremony.
In Nigeria, the wedding process starts with the Introduction ceremony. This is the occasion where the families of the groom and bride are formally introduced to one another. It usually takes place at the Bride’s residence or the location chosen by the bride’s family. This could take place as early as 1 year from the date of the wedding. This is the point where you actually begin planning. The families also decide on a wedding date at this event.
Once the Introduction ceremony is out of the way, it’s time to start planning for the main occasion. This will usually comprise the traditional wedding ceremony, the white wedding and/ or the court wedding. As mentioned earlier, weddings are a stream of activities and you have to get on it early.
Tips for Planning a 2022 Wedding
- If The court wedding is part of your plan, you are required to visit the Wedding Registry ahead to make bookings. This has to be done ahead of your 2022 wedding so that you don’t miss your preferred date.
- The traditional wedding will require that you contact a lot of family members and it’s better to get on this as early as possible.
- If you would be having a White / Church wedding, some churches might require that you attend pre marital classes at least 6 months before your wedding.
- The reception venue also needs to be booked ahead as several people might be trying to strike the same deal as you.
- Your wedding gown and other attires need to be arranged ahead so you don’t give room for surprises or last minute rush.
- Vendors who would work with you for your wedding might need to be informed ahead.
- You need to put together a wedding budget. This will help you plan according to the funds available. A checklist will also help you plan your 2022 wedding.
- Your wedding day is an important day in your life and you want to have the best experience. Planning early will help you cover a lot of grounds and also reduce the pressure of putting an event together.
- When planning your 2022 wedding, it’s worth considering all your options. For example, a different location or venue or an off-peak wedding date may not be what you thought you wanted but could turn out to be absolutely perfect.
- Make it a personal experience for you and your guests. Focus on your priorities while planning your 2022 wedding as a couple. It’s YOUR day, after all.
We are your go-to Bridal Store in Lagos for wedding gowns for your different body types.
Are you still confused about the wedding gown that will fit your body shape?
Click here to read more.
Click here to chat with us directly on Whatsapp. Visit our Bridal Showroom in Lagos at 8, Ajayi Aina Street, By Deeper Life Church, Ifako, Gbagada, Lagos